Junior Trainers Camp
Junior Trainers Camp is a summer day camp where kids going into grades 5-8 learn valuable dog training skills while helping shelter pets improve their manners and enhance adoptability. Jr. Trainers Camp is taught by Certified Professional Dog Trainer Annie Ingersoll.
- Work with their own shelter dog on basic manners & skills
- Try their hand at dog agility and trick training
- Learn about animal health, behavior, grooming and the role of pets in our community
- Take part in fun activities to promote their pet’s adoption
- June 23-26 (grades 5 & 6*)
- July 14-17 (grades 7 & 8*)
- July 28-31 (grades 7 & 8*)
- Aug 11-14 (grades 5 & 6*)
*Grade the participant will enter in the Fall.
Sensible Pet Sitter Seminar
For 12-17 yr olds.
A one-day, 8 hr. seminar taught by Catherine Steinke, CPDT, on how to become responsible and safe pet sitters. Participants will learn the animal and enterprise skills needed to start their own pet-sitting business.
- Friday, June 20
- Friday, July 25
- Friday, Aug 8
Behavior & Training Coordinator
503-585-5900 ext. 326
or visit whs4pets.org