Camp Paw Paw
A summer day camp for children who love animals, Camp Paw Paw is so much fun that kids don’t realize they’re learning. Camp allows children who are truly interested in animals to socialize with other kids who feel the same way. Held at the WHS shelter, campers learn about responsible pet care, interact with shelter pets and other animals from the community, and enjoy animal-themed craft projects, games and activities. Six different sessions are held throughout the summer, for kids entering Grades 1 through 5.
2014 Camp Dates & Themes
- June 16-19 Theme: Traditional Camp Paw Paw (Little Paws Only) Focus on the traditional activities of Camp Paw Paw. Campers will learn about caring for animals, visit with animals at the shelter, play games, and create pet-related crafts.
- July 7-10 Theme: Life on the Farm Focus on farm life, farm animals, fairs, and showing animals.
- July 21-24 Theme: Fins, Fur, Feathers and Scales Focus on animals with these characteristics.
- Aug 4-7 Theme: Wet and Wild Focus on fish and wildlife, from management to protection to identification.
- Aug 18-21 Theme: Music, Moves and Pets Children will have a great time learning about animals, with a focus on how they have inspired dance, music, and healing for people. Campers will listen and dance to music.
Ages and Times for all Dates
- 9:30 to Noon - Little Paws, for children entering 1st and 2nd grade.
- 1:00 to 5:00 - Paw Paw, for children entering 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade.