The Adoption Process
- Complete the Adoption Application. You must be at least 18 years old to adopt an animal from our shelter. You can submit your application online, or print out the PDF version.
- Online Adoption Application - Dog (Printable PDF version)
- Online Adoption Application - Cat (Printable PDF version) If you used the PDF version of the application, bring the completed form with you when you visit the shelter, or fax it ahead of time to (503) 585-7906.
- We encourage all members of your household to meet the animal to ensure compatibility and a lifelong commitment. (If you are adopting a dog, he/she should also meet the other dog(s) in your household.)
- It is your responsibility to ensure that pets are accepted in your rental housing or with your homeowner’s insurance.
- Complete an adoption review with an adoption counselor. This is to ensure we have found the right animal for your family.
- Complete the adoption contract and payment.